Sunday, June 04, 2006

Soul Search


Why did you leave here?
Love
I think about you and wonder why
I neglected what we had
when it was time to find you
Gone
Like the dust skittles
the score was settled
Your desire to keep us special
But now you are there, in place
I think of you at times love
And wonder, how is it where you are
Is there pain or are you blissful
as rumors say
I wonder many days
Will you find me when I get there
remember
I used to hold you love
your face on my chest
breathed promises
while you slept
You were a friend best yet
You had my better interest at heart love
Little did I know
How much you loved me back
so naive of me...
I will never know
How your body would have felt
seductive and near
But I’m fortunate I own a piece of your soul love
Before I leave here

Dedicated to SoulDZire

CrunkSpot:
"So Amazing" Luther Vandross

8 Comments:

Blogger Lyrically speaking said...

This was beautifully written. Well-done

10:58 AM  
Blogger Ladynay said...

Alright now! Get ya poetry on!

7:46 AM  
Blogger gee said...

"but i'm fortunate I own a piece of your soul"

thas wasup

9:22 AM  
Blogger Dubbed As Trent Jackson said...

cancers are some of the most emotionally inclined people...that was hot.

but i don't know how i feel about you or anyone else owning a peice of my soul...

10:05 AM  
Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

Alright for teasing us - lol.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Karamale said...

i like the pic, teddy beah.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Clay said...

very nice, man

4:25 PM  
Blogger C. Baptiste-Williams said...

so poetic

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counters