Monday, January 09, 2006

Cum on Homie, We Major

Well I haven’t been posting for a while and it’s because I have been feeling a bit under the weather the past couple of days. Quick shout out to Mr. Trent Jackson who didn’t care how fucked up I sounded and took the time to talk to me anyway. I was heavily induced by a mixture of tea, Nyquil, and kryptonite so I hope I didn't say anything that can or will be used against me in a court of law! LOL Thanks for the convo man, you made me laugh when I felt like crap.

So things have been looking up I am starting to feel better and I had a good weekend. Unfortunately, Mr. D and I are having a “falling out”. I trusted Mr. D with something that was of great importance to me financially and he was extremely irresponsible. I guess the saying is very true “if you need to get something done right, do it yourself”. I don’t know why I keep bumping my head against the same wall when it comes to this essential lesson in life but I really hope Mr. D gets some type of clue of what it means to be an adult in the real world. I know it definitely will not be on my expense, so he and I are not communicating right at the moment. They say to do those things yourself because if you dont, and then that other person fuck up, then it's your OWN responsiblity for putting it on someone else. And I won't be mad for too long. I’m not one to hold grudges so I don’t expect for this to carry on too much longer than it should. The fact that I have more important issues on my plate makes it easier for me to keep my distance.

I made it a blockbuster night on Friday. I rented Four Brothers and The Gospel, two very good movies. I wasn’t all that thrilled with Four Brothers as I was with The Gospel. I recommend anyone who hasn’t seen it yet to go out and get it. It was a very uplifting movie I saw a lot of myself in the character played by Kodjoe. I already had the soundtrack so it was good to see the movie play it out.

So some friends and I gave a surprise birthday party for my friend Shortcake on Saturday. Her aunt and some peeps took her to dinner while I went to the nightclub where we were ALL going to surprise her at afterwards. It was a str8 function at one of the trendier clubs in Buckhead ATL, but the actions from some of the guests there tried to prove it otherwise. Nothing is always so str8 and narrow in this messy city. Nevertheless the night was really all about Shortcake; she was really surprised to see us all there and it went exactly as planned. I am so glad she had a good time, she really deserved it.

So is it me or is anyone as shocked as I am to see the mess VH1 has created with “Flava of Love”. LOL That man is a riot. I don’t now where he found these females at but they are OFF the chain. There’s one that got cut last night, with some golden braids, and she was a mess. She had a fit in the van and went off on some other girl named New York and made herself look so ridiculous. I almost want to say I’m ashamed of watching this mess but I am actually enjoying these women act a fool.

I was feeling Major like Kanye this weekend: “Feeling better than some head on a Sunday afternoon, better than a chick that say yes to soon…” you know the rest. Well I got that and then some on Sunday so I guess that was my weekend track. Part of my resolution this year, aside from getting more fit and eating right, is to stop having anonymous sex. Sunday was good no complaints there, but I know it was more about my own personal frustrations than it was for the sex itself so I need to start finding more productive outlets to work these things out. I need to focus more on my writing and music. I want to do more with music on my blog so look out for that in the future. My attempt is to find something original so it doesn’t look like I’m trying to copy anyone or shit like that. You know how some folks can be.

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

glad to hear you are feeling better and you picked some hott movies to watch ...

1:40 PM  
Blogger Stone said...

Happy you feeing better and i see Trent rigt to nurse you. Let me know if i have to cut him......deeply. LOL.

I didn't know the gospel was out of DVD already.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Cash S. said...

I thought The Gospel was kind of bad.

2:24 PM  
Blogger LUVIN ME said...

Isn't that a coincidence. I watched the same movies over the weekend. They were okay.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Ladynay said...

Awwwwwwww glad to see your feeling betta!

4:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to hear u feelin better. And don't trust anybody too closely. There's only one person you can really trust anyway.

Me. (Wait not me, I meant yourself).

Me.

7:43 PM  
Blogger Dubbed As Trent Jackson said...

Have to checkout The Gospel, you know Boris is my first husband in my head.

Glad you're feeling better! V4P!!!

9:19 PM  
Blogger @GaryTylone said...

Wow...I was just thinking about that Kanye track...Anyhow...glad you feel better...Kryptonite helped you out huh? lol

10:48 AM  
Blogger Ya boy Maurice said...

Im also glad your feelin better, The Gospel was not that great to me.

2:06 PM  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

I haven't seen The Gospel yet and didn't try to see it because I heard that it wasn't that great. But I do think that I saw you at the gym working it out though!

12:02 PM  
Blogger Karamale said...

ok...time for a new post

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counters